What is E45 Moisturising Lotion?
E45 lotion is a light, unperfumed lotion that can be used all over your body, face and hands to provide long-lasting moisture and care for dry and sensitive skin. This lotion is gentle enough to be used daily and is clinically proven to protect from dryness, soothe roughness and reduce redness. E45 is dermatologically tested and perfume-free.
What is dry skin and how is it caused?
Dry skin is often a temporary condition, although some people may experience it long-term, where the skin doesn’t retain sufficient moisture.
Symptoms of dry skin
- Skin feeling tight- especially after showering, bathing or swimming
- Skin that looks and feels rough
- Flaking, scaling or peeling
- Fine lines or cracks
Causes of dry skin
- Weather- skin can dry out in winter when humidity levels drop and there isn’t a lot of moisture in the air
- Heat- central heating, fireplaces and heaters can reduce humidity, which can dry out the skin
- Baths, showers and swimming- taking long hot showers, lying in hot baths or swimming in chlorinated pools can dry out the skin
- Other skin conditions- eczema and psoriasis are two examples of conditions that can cause dry skin
Why is moisturising important?
Moisturising our skin is important to replenish our skin’s protective barrier, which prevents bacteria and germs from penetrating our skin and causing infection. If our skin becomes dehydrated and dry, it compromises the following functions:
- Protection- providing a barrier against harmful germs that can cause infection
- Preventing dryness- the natural fats that maintain your skin’s protective barrier (known as lipids) regulate moisture and minimise water loss to prevent the skin from becoming tight or dry
- Preventing bacteria growth- moisture balances the skin which prevents the invasion of bacteria and fungi
- Regeneration- moisturised skin can generate new skin cells far easier than dry skin
Moisturising our skin regularly helps to keep our skin hydrated and it’s protective barrier strengthened against infection.
Treating dry skin
As well as moisturising, there are many measures we can take in our daily lives to keep our skin hydrated and healthy. Here are some dos and don’t for healthy skin:
- DON’T have long, hot showers
- DO use warm instead of hot water and limit your bath or shower to less than 10 minutes
- DON’T use harsh or drying soaps, deodorant, antibacterial detergents and products containing fragrances
- DO use gentle cleansing creams and skin cleansers with moisturising properties
- DON’T rub your skin vigorously with a towel
- DO gently pat your skin dry, so that some moisture remains
- DON’T spend too long in rooms with ‘dry air’ (e.g. near fireplaces, heaters or radiators)
- DO use a portable home humidifier to add moisture to the air in your home and limit your time near sources of heat
- DON’T wear material that irritates the skin, such as wool
- DO wear materials that are soft and let your skin breath, such as cotton or silk and wash your clothes with detergents without dyes or perfumes
How does E45 lotion work?
This product is gentle enough to be used every day and is clinically proven to visibly proven to reduce redness and improve extremely dry, irritable skin in just 2 weeks. The gentle formulation is dermatologically tested to be used on even sensitive skin and is free from perfume and harsh irritants. The light formula is absorbed easily by the skin, for quick and convenient application and is non-greasy.
How to use E45 body lotion
Use as often as required on hands, body and face to keep your skin soft, supple and moisturised.
- Always moisturise after bathing and washing these activities can strip the skin of its natural oils
- Moisturise before using topical treatments such as anti-itch cream as moisturising helps other products to penetrate the skin more effectively.
This product is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes. In case of contact with the eyes, rinse thoroughly with clean water. Ensure you store this product out of reach of children. If using large quantities, regularly change clothing, bedding or dressings impregnated with the product and keep away from fire as it may pose a fire hazard.
When NOT to use this product
Do NOT use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients (see ingredients tab for full list).
Everybody’s skin is different, so the use of any topical product can cause an allergic reaction, although not everyone will experience this. If you experience any symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as a rash or swelling, discontinue use immediately and seek advice from your GP
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice:
Aqua, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glyceryl Stearate, Ceteareth-20
Lanolin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer
Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, BHT
Everything You Need to Know About Eczema
If you have dry skin that always seems to happen in the same area and drives you up the wall with that itchy, scratchy feeling, then you could have eczema.
But what is eczema, and what makes this condition different from just regular patches of dry skin?
Today, we’re going to find out more about eczema, what it is, and what it means for your skin.
Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, and Rosacea: What You Need to Know
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist 4 U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here