What is E45 Daily Moisturising Lotion?
E45 Daily Moisturising Lotion contains everything dry skin needs to feel soothed, soft and calm. There are no added unnecessary colour or fragrances and it is dermatologically tested to be suitable for dry and sensitive skin. It’s simple, effective skincare in a fast-absorbing lotion for quick application that leaves your skin hydrated.
What is dry skin and how is it caused?
Dry skin is usually a temporary condition, although some people may experience it long-term, where the skin doesn’t retain sufficient moisture.
Symptoms of dry skin
- Skin feeling tight- especially after showering, bathing or swimming
- Skin that looks and feels rough
- Flaking, scaling or peeling
- Fine lines or cracks
Causes of dry skin
- Weather- skin can dry out in winter when humidity levels drop and there isn’t a lot of moisture in the air
- Heat- central heating, fireplaces and heaters can reduce humidity, which can dry out the skin
- Baths, showers and swimming- taking long, hot showers, lying in hot baths or swimming in chlorinated pools can dry out the skin
- Skin conditions- eczema and psoriasis are two examples of conditions that can cause dry skin.
Why is moisturising important?
Moisturising our skin is important to replenish our skin’s protective barrier, which prevents bacteria and germs from penetrating our skin and causing infection. If our skin becomes dehydrated and dry, it compromises the following functions:
- Protection- providing a barrier against harmful germs that can cause infection
- Preventing dryness- the natural fats that maintain your skin’s protective barrier (known as lipids) regulate moisture and minimise water loss to prevent the skin from becoming tight or dry
- Preventing bacteria growth- moisture balances the skin which prevents the invasion of bacteria and fungi
- Regeneration- moisturised skin can generate new skin cells far easier than dry skin
Moisturising our skin regularly helps to keep our skin hydrated and it’s protective barrier strengthened against infection
What routine should you follow for dry skin?
Creating an effective skincare routine can take a bit of experimentation as everyone’s skin is different and has different needs. You need to find a routine that works specifically for you and your skin type. Using emollients and moisturising products are the basis for a good daily skincare routine. Here are some ways you can effectively keep your skin healthy throughout the day:
- Keep the temperature of your shower warm rather than hot, as hot water can dry out your skin
- Use emollient-based washes and cleansers instead of harsh soaps or fragranced body washes
- Gently pat your skin with a towel until it is nearly dry before applying an emollient or moisturiser straightaway whilst water is still trapped in the skin to lock in extra hydration
- E45 Emollient Shower Cream- 200ml
- E45 Dermatological Wash Cream- 250ml
- E45 Daily Moisturising Lotion- 400ml
During the day
- Take a small tube or pot of emollient with you to apply when you’re out and about
- Use hand creams to top up your hydration levels after washing
- A shower before bed means you can apply a thicker emollient before bed, so it has time to absorb overnight
- Try to keep your room cool and ventilated to prevent your skin from drying out and use loose cotton bedclothes, so your skin can breathe
How does E45 lotion work?
E45 Daily Moisturising Lotion provides effective, long-lasting hydration. This lightweight formula is absorbed by the skin quickly and doesn’t leave a greasy film for a clean and convenient application. There are no added colours or fragrances added to prevent irritation and it is dermatologically tested to be suitable for sensitive and dry skin.
How to use E45 body lotion
Apply to the body as required to keep your skin soft, supple and moisturised. For best results, use daily.
- Always moisturise after bathing and washing, as these activities can strip the skin of its natural oils
- Moisturise before using topical treatments such as anti-itch cream as moisturising helps other products to penetrate the skin more effectively
Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. If using large quantities, regularly change clothing, bedding or dressings impregnated with the product and keep away from fire as it may pose a fire hazard.
When NOT to use this product
Do NOT use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients used in this product (see ingredients tab for full list)
Everybody’s skin is different, so the use of any topical product can cause an allergic reaction, although not everyone will experience this. If you experience any symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as a rash or swelling, discontinue use immediately and seek advice from your GP.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice:
Aqua, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide
Everything You Need to Know About Eczema
If you have dry skin that always seems to happen in the same area and drives you up the wall with that itchy, scratchy feeling, then you could have eczema.
But what is eczema, and what makes this condition different from just regular patches of dry skin?
Today, we’re going to find out more about eczema, what it is, and what it means for your skin.
Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, and Rosacea: What You Need to Know
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here