What is the FFP2 Breathable Face Mask?
FFP2 breathable face masks are a moulded style respirator mask that meets the EN 149 FFP2 and EN149:2001+A1:2009 standards. The inner and outer layers of the mask are manufactured from non-woven synthetic fibers that are soft on the skin and a foam edge on the nose clip to prevent irritation . Its flexible edges easily adapt to the face of the user, for a comfortable and protective fit, whilst the filter material of the mask provides high protection and low breathing resistance during use.
What is the FFP2 Face Mask used for?
FFP2 Face Masks are recommended when the respiratory system needs to be protected. This can be required in several circumstances including:
- On construction sites to protect against dust and other particles
- In agriculture to protect from dust, vapours, fumes and mould spores
- In healthcare to protect from germs and infection
- Personal use to prevent the spread of infection from yourself and for protection from other people’s germs
FFP2 masks are World Health Organisation certified for medical workers who are near people suffering from respiratory diseases especially when performing Aerosol-Generating Procedures.
What is an Aerosol Generating Procedure?
An Aerosol Generating Procedure is a medical procedure such as intubation, airway suction and nebulizer treatment that can produce aerosols and droplets, as they can stimulate coughing. These kinds of procedures can spread pathogens (microorganisms that cause disease), therefore front-line medical workers, such as nurses and doctors can be at risk of catching infectious diseases from droplets generated by patients during these procedures.
How does this face mask work?
The FFP2 Breathable Mask features an adjustable nose clip with a foam edge to prevent discomfort. The size is adjustable and the high performance exhalation valve ensures a longer continuous wear time. This mask conforms to EU regulations: EN 149 FFP2 and EN149:2001+A1:2009 and are suitable for a variety of environments including:
- Construction/Civil Engineering
- Light industry
- Hygiene environment
- Environments containing biological chemical particles
How to use this product
The FFP2 mask is simple to use and provides effective protection.
- Always check that the mask is in good condition before use- ensure there is no dirt or damage to any part of the mask
- Hold the mask in your hand with the nosepiece at your fingertips, allowing the headbands to hang freely below your hand
- Press the mask firmly against your face with the nosepiece on the bridge of your nose
- Stretch and position the top band high on the back of the head. Stretch the bottom band over the head and position below your ears
- Using both hands, mould the metal nosepiece to the shape of your nose
- To test fit:
- Cup both hands over the respirator, being careful not to disturb the position
- Inhale vigorously – if air leaks around the edges, reposition the straps or adjust strap tension for a better fit
Remember, careful observance of these fitting instructions is an important step to ensure the safe use of the mask
What other preventative measures can you take to prevent spreading germs and infection?
Using a mask is just one preventative measure you can take to protect yourself from respiratory pathogens, dust and harmful airborne substances. However, it is recommended to not rely on masks alone to provide an adequate level of protection. Here are a few more steps you can use, along with the use of safety masks to protect yourself from harmful substances in the environment:
- Perform hand hygiene frequently, using soap and water (where possible) or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Try not to touch your face, especially your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover nose and mouth with a bent elbow or paper tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose of the tissue immediately after use
- Keep surfaces clean and disinfected
- Face Mask
Can you give me the delivery time on your FFP2 Breathable Face Mask - 10 Pack please, and can you confirm that you have 5 packs in stock.
Delivery is 3 to 5 working days. Stock availability is live real time so I cannot confirm stock. If an order is confirmed then the stock is allocated and the order will be honored.
Are these from China? How long have they been in stock? Are they in a sealed pack? Are they from trusted suppliers?
These masks are manufactured in China to the EU FFP2 standard.
Packs of 10 are sealed.
Stock has been available since the second week of April 2020
Are your ffp2 masks reusable
FFP2 masks are for single use only generally. There has been some research into cleaning masks with 70% alcohol, although this is not recommended.
See the world health organisation's advice for when to use a face mask https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks
Can you please explain why a pack of 10 FFP2 masks are Ðˆ64.99 when individual KN95 masks are Ðˆ4.95 each, thereforeÐˆ49.50 for 10? Is it because the pack is sealed?
The price difference is due to these two masks being different products.
We try to give our customers the best price possible so the price reflects our costs.
The FFP2 is an EU code whereas the KN95 is the Chinese code.
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here