What is Lamisil AT 1% Cream for Athlete’s Foot?
Lamisil AT 1% Cream can provide effective and soothing relief from symptoms of athlete’s foot. The powerful antifungal medicine treats the fungus responsible for the infection and prevents it from returning. This product can also be used to treat symptoms of jock itch. Lamisil instantly gets to work at the site of infection and has moisturising properties that relieves itching, burning, cracking and scaling that is caused by athlete’s foot and jock itch. If you’re looking for an effective antifungal treatment for both athlete’s foot and jock itch, try Lamisil AT 1% Cream.
What is athlete’s foot?
Athlete’s foot is a fungal infection that can cause itchy, white patches in between your toes and areas of skin that may be sore, flaky and cracked. Athlete’s foot is extremely contagious and can be caused by a variety of factors including:
- Walking barefoot in communal areas such as changing rooms, showers and around swimming pools
- Sharing socks, shoes or towels with someone who is infected
- Wearing shoes that do not fit properly
- Damp, wet or sweaty feet
- A minor skin or nail injury
How to avoid athlete’s foot
Athlete’s foot is not usually a sign of something serious, but it can be unpleasant to experience. As it is so infectious it is important to protect yourself against reinfection after treatment. There are a variety of steps you can take to avoid becoming infected including:
- Spraying your shoes with an Athlete’s Foot Shoe spray to kill fungus in shoes
- Wear flip flops in communal changing areas, showers and swimming pools to protect your feet from infection
- Dry your feet immediately after washing with a separate towel
- Wear clean socks and take your shoes off when you are at home to allow your feet to breathe
- Do NOT share towels, socks or shoes with others
- Wear shoes that fit comfortably
How can Lamisil Cream help to relieve symptoms of fungal infections?
Lamisil Cream provides soothing, moisturising relief from dry, itchy and flaky skin caused by athlete’s foot and jock itch. It contains the active ingredient Terbinafine Hydrochloride which works to clear the infection and relieves itching, burning, cracking and scaling to help you to feel more comfortable. Lamisil instantly works at the site of infection and is suitable for athlete’s foot when it occurs between the toes.
How to use this product
Always use this product exactly as described in the patient information leaflet or as instructed by a doctor. For athlete’s foot and jock itch, apply the cream once a day for a week.
- Cleanse and dry the the affected skin thoroughly and wash your hands
- Unscrew the cap then gently squeeze out a small amount of the cream onto your finger
- Apply a sufficient amount of cream to form a thin layer on the affected skin and surrounding areas
- Rub the product in gently
- When this product is used between the toes, buttocks or on the groin, the treated area may be covered with a strip of light, fresh gauze (especially at night) to keep the cream in place
- Replace the cap on the tube and wash your hands
It may take up to 4 weeks for your skin to heal after the infection has cleared. However if you have noticed no signs of improvement within 2 weeks after starting treatment, seek advice from your doctor.
When NOT to use Lamisil
Do NOT take this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you are under the age of 16. Do not use this product on the face and avoid contact with eyes. Speak to your doctor or a Chemist4U pharmacist if you are taking any medicines.
Can this product cause side effects?
Like all medicines, Lamisil can cause side effects, although not everybody will experience them. Common side effects include skin peeling and itching.
Discontinue use and seek immediate medical advice if you experience any of the following:
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue or throat
- Severe itching of the skin with a red rash, raised lumps, hives or blisters
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about an addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice: