What is E45 Junior Moisturising Lotion?
E45 Junior Moisturising Lotion is a soothing moisturiser that’s ideal for kids who have dry or sensitive skin. It uses ingredients that are kind to your child’s skin, is perfume free, and has a light non-greasy formula. E45 Moisturising Lotion is allergy screened and dermatologically tested, so you can feel confident that your little one’s most sensitive skin is in safe hands when you use E45.
What causes dry skin in children?
Many factors can cause dry skin in children including:
- Allergens- common triggers for dry skin conditions include dust mites, pet hair, pollen, diet and environmental pollutants that can trigger allergic reactions or flare-ups for children who have eczema
- Changes in season/temperature- Low humidity reduces moisture in the air which can dry out the skin barrier
- Swimming- chlorine that is found in swimming pools can strip the skin of its natural oils causing dry skin
- Bubble baths- bath products that are not formulated specifically for children’s skin, can be too harsh and cause dry skin and irritation
- Dry skin conditions- eczema, psoriasis and other dry skin conditions can cause red, itchy dry patches on the skin.
- Viruses- common viruses such as colds can cause a flare-up in dry skin conditions
- Dry air- central heating or air conditions dries out the skin
How to manage dry skin
Keeping your child’s skin clean and moisturised is very important as it helps to prevent irritated, dry skin, as well as help to manage existing dry skin conditions. Gently cleansing and moisturising the skin regularly can help to keep your child’s skin hydrated and healthy. Here are some handy tips to take care of your child’s delicate skin:
- Use lukewarm water as hot water can dry out your child’s skin and isn’t very comfortable for young children
- Use mild cleansers that don’t contain any harsh soaps, perfumes or colours
- Use the cleanser sparingly to avoid drying out the skin- try to keep it on the areas that need cleaning and ensure it is rinsed off thoroughly
- Gently pat the skin dry with a towel. Do NOT rub the skin
- Moisturising immediately after bathing seals in moisture.
- Use products that are suitable for children such as E45 Junior Cream
- Avoid products that have perfumes and colourants
- Apply a moisturiser before getting into the pool to prevent irritation, then shower before reapplying
Like E45 Dermatological Junior Moisturising Lotion? Why not try:
How can E45 Junior Moisturising Lotion hydrate my child’s dry skin?
E45 Junior Moisturising Lotion contains MedilanR, which is an ingredient that works as an emollient. Emollients help to soothe and protect dry or sensitive skin by forming a protective barrier over the area. This barrier helps to keep moisture locked into the skin while keeping irritants out, keeping delicate skin from becoming dry and irritated.
Can this product be used for nappy rash?
E45 Junior Moisturising Lotion should not be used on the nappy area of children under the age of 3 years. If you want to protect your little one’s sensitive skin from nappy rash and are looking for an E45 product that can help, we’d recommend looking at E45 Nappy Cream to see if it’s suitable for your baby.
How to use this moisturising lotion
Apply generously to hands, body, and face as needed, taking care to avoid sensitive areas. Apply regularly for best results.
When should this product NOT be used?
Do not use this E45 Moisturising Lotion if you or your child are allergic to any of the listed ingredients. For external use only, avoid contact with eyes or other sensitive areas. If you or your child experience any irritation while using this product, stop use and seek medical help if necessary.
How to store this product
Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use this product if the expiry date printed on the original packaging has passed. Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before using this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Aqua, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glyceryl Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Hypoallergenic Anhydrous Lanolin (MedilanR), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, BHT
Everything You Need to Know About Eczema
If you have dry skin that always seems to happen in the same area and drives you up the wall with that itchy, scratchy feeling, then you could have eczema.
But what is eczema, and what makes this condition different from just regular patches of dry skin?
Today, we’re going to find out more about eczema, what it is, and what it means for your skin.
Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, and Rosacea: What You Need to Know
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist 4 U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here