What is Anodesyn Ointment?
Anodesyn Ointment is a cream treatment that helps to relieve pain and irritation caused by external haemorrhoids (piles) and helps to heal the affected area.
What are haemorrhoids?
Haemorrhoids (piles) are enlarged blood vessels which can be found in and around the intrarectal area (bottom). They don’t always cause discomfort, so can easily go unnoticed. However, symptoms that can be experienced include:
- Bleeding after passing a stool (poo).
- An itchy or painful anus (bottom).
- Still feeling like you need to pass a stool after going to the toilet.
- Lumps and swelling around the anus.
- Mucus discharge after passing a stool.
How does Anodesyn Ointment work to treat haemorrhoids?
Anodesyn Ointment contains two active ingredients:
- Lidocaine- a local anaesthetic which helps to relieve pain in the affected area.
- Allantoin- helps with the healing process to clear the irritation caused by haemorrhoids.
How to use Anodesyn Ointment.
- Wash hands before and after use of Anodesyn Ointment.
- Wash the affected area with tepid (lukewarm) water.
- Dry the affected area and apply the ointment with your finger, gauze or lint.
- Reapply ointment as required.
If symptoms have not improved after using Anodesyn Ointment for 7 days, seek advice from your GP.
When should Anodesyn Ointment NOT be used?
Anodesyn Ointment is not suitable for use by children under the age of 12. Anodesyn ointment is for external use only. If you accidentally swallow Anodesyn Ointment, seek medical advice immediately. Do not use Anodesyn Ointment if you are allergic to wool fat or any of the other listed ingredients.
Speak to your doctor before using Anodesyn Ointment if you have:
- Symptoms that have not cleared up after using the ointment for 7 days.
- Persistent pain or bleeding from your anus (bottom).
- A swollen stomach or loss of weight.
Like all medicines, Anodesyn Ointment can cause side effects, such as allergic reaction (itching, rash, wheezing) although these do not affect everyone. Anodesyn contains wool fat which can cause local skin reactions (e.g. contact dermatitis. If skin irritation occurs or any other side effect not mentioned, seek medical advice from your GP or a Chemist 4 U Pharmacist.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride 0.5% w/w.
- Allantoin 0.5% w/w.
- White soft paraffin.
- Wool fat.
- Purified water.
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here