What is Tiger Balm White?
Tiger Balm White is a herbal ointment that can be used to relieve pain and discomfort caused by tension headaches and general muscle aches and pains. The traditional formula is inspired by years of Chinese medicine and has been trusted by generations to help ease pain. This product is good for those who are looking for a herbal alternative to traditional pain killer products. Tiger Balm White, combines a variety of traditional herbs and oils, that are known for their medicinal properties, to create an aromatic and calming formula that soothes sore and aching muscles around the head and the body. If you’re looking for effective relief from headaches and general aches and pains, try Tiger Balm White ointment.
What causes tension headaches?
A tension headache is the most common type of headache that a lot of people will experience from time to time. A tension headache feels like an uncomfortable and constant ache on both sides of the head. You may also experience a tightening of the neck muscles or a feel pressure or discomfort behind your eyes. A tension headache is usually not a cause for concern and is not normally so uncomfortable that it interferes with everyday tasks. The typical length of a tension headache is between 30 minutes and a few hours but it is possible for a tension headache to last for several days. The cause of tension headaches is not clear but there are quite a few factors that can trigger them including:
- Poor posture
- Skipped meals
- Lack of exercise
- Bright sunlight
- Strong or specific smells
What is the difference between a headache and a migraine?
Most headaches are mild, short-lived and don’t usually make everyday tasks difficult. Migraines are a moderate to severe headache which usually feels like a throbbing pain on ones side of the head. Other symptoms caused by migraines include nausea, vomiting and a sensitivity to light or sound. There are a few different types of migraines including:
- Migraine with aura – where the person experiences specific warning signs shortly before the migraine starts e.g. seeing flashing lights
- Migraine without aura – this is where the migraine occurs without specific warning signs and is one of the most common types of headaches
- Migraine aura without headache – also known as a silent migraine, this is where an aura or other migraine symptoms are experienced by a headache does not develop.
Migraines can be experienced frequently, up to a few times a week. The exact cause of a migraine is unclear. They are thought to be the result of temporary changes in chemicals, nerves and blood vessels in the brain. Some people find that their migraines are triggered by specific factors including:
- Starting their period
- Certain foods or drinks
What can you do to treat a headache?
Tension headaches are not usually serious and can be easily treated by painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen or using an alternative pain relief treatment such as Tiger Balm White. Other solutions and treatments include implementing lifestyle changes such as:
- Applying a cool flannel to the forehead or a warm flannel on the back of the neck
Using alternative therapies such as herbal treatments like Tiger Balm and lifestyle changes can prevent you from experiencing headaches caused by persistent use of painkillers.
Can you prevent a headache?
If you frequently suffer with headaches, it may be useful to make a note of when you experience them to see if you can identify a trigger. Regular exercise and relaxing are important to reduce stress and tension that may be responsible for the headaches. Good posture and staying well rested and hydrated can also help to prevent headaches.
How can Tiger Balm White Ointment help ease tension headaches?
Tiger Balm White contains an aromatic blend of herbal ingredients that can provide relief from discomfort caused by tension headaches and aching muscles. It works by creating a cooling and heating sensation which soothes the tension and pain. It contains a powerful formula of different traditional herbs and natural oils which work together to ease aches and pains.
- Natural Camphor – can be used to relieve pain, irritation, congestion and inflammation
- Menthol – causes the cool and warm sensations which soothe pain
- Clove Oil – natural anaesthetic
- Cajuput Oil – relieves pain
How to use this product
This product can be used for both muscular pain and tension headaches. Always use this product exactly as described in the patient information leaflet or a instructed by a doctor or pharmacist.
Muscular aches and pains: to be rubbed gently on the affected parts of skin as required (usually 2-3 times a day is sufficient). If the symptoms persist or worsen after 2 weeks, seek advice from your doctor or a GP.
Tension headache: rub a small amount onto the forehead or temples using a circular motions – repeat 30 minutes and one hour after the initial application. You should use a pea-sized amount or an amount that is just sufficient for the affected area. If your symptoms last continulously for 24 hours or if they return withing 7 days, seek medical advice.
- This product is not suitable for use on children under the age of 2
- Do NOT use this product to treat headaches in children
- Keep Tiger Balm away from the delicate linings in and around your eyes, mouth, nose, vagina and urethra
- Do NOT bandage areas where you have applied Tiger Balm
- Do NOT inhale Tiger Balm or apply to the nose
- Do NOT smoke or go near naked flames when using this product as it is a serious fire hazard
- Speak to your doctor or a Chemist4U pharmacist BEFORE taking this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Avoid excessive use of this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
When NOT to use Tiger Balm
Do NOT use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this product (see ingredients tab for full list) or:
- If you have asthma or other lung diseases that can result in severe breathing difficulties
- If you have a headache that isn’t a tension headache
- If your headache lasts for a long time in one area, is severe or involves other symptoms such as nausea, dizziness, migraine, changes in vision
- If you have any sort of skin disease
- On children under the age of 2
- On open wounds or on inflamed/irritated skin
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice:
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist 4 U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here