What is Fybogel Orange Sachet Drinks?
Fybogel Orange is a high fibre drink that is used to treat constipation. It is a quick and simple way to increase the fibre in your diet. Increase the levels of fibre in your diet can help your digestive system to work more efficiently to naturally relieve constipation. It’s powder format and tasty orange flavour makes it easy to administer. Fybogel is safe to use as it works naturally with your body without straining or discomfort and can be used during pregnancy. If you’re looking for an easy and natural treatment for constipation, try Fybogel.
What is constipation?
Constipation is a common digestive problem that affects most people from time to time. It occurs when you have difficulty passing stools (having a poo) regularly or you are unable to completely empty your bowels when you go to the toilet. Constipation can also cause your stool (poo) to become dry, hard and lumpy as well as being larger or smaller than what is usual for you.
What causes constipation?
Constipation occurs when your stools (poo) remain in the large intestine for too long and the colon absorbs too much water from the stool making it dry, hard and more difficult to pass. Constipation can affect anyone from babies to adults and there are a variety of factors that can cause it including:
- Not including enough fibre in your diet through eating fruit, vegetables and cereals
- A change in your lifestyle, such as a change in your diet or eating habits
- Delaying passing stools
- Side effects of certain medicines
- Dehydration through not drinking enough fluids
- Anxiety or depression
- Immobility or lack of exercise
- Being underweight or overweight
How to treat constipation
The treatment for constipation depends on the cause, how long you’ve had it and how severe the symptoms are. There are a range of lifestyle and diet changes you can make that can improve the condition including:
- Increase the amount of fibre in your diet
- Add bulking agents, such as wheat bran to your diet
- Drink plenty of water
- Regular exercise
- Respond to the natural urge to pass a stool without delay
If you are still having problems passing stools after making these lifestyle changes, speak to your doctor or a GP who may prescribe you a laxative.
How can Fybogel Orange help to relieve symptoms of constipation?
Fybogel contains the active ingredient Ispaghula Husk, which is a bulk-forming laxative that can help you to pass stools more easily. It works by helping your stools to retain fluid to make them softer and easier to pass. It works naturally with your body to relieve constipation. Fybogel can be used whenever an increase of fibre is needed in your diet to treat constipation or to maintain normal bowel function if you suffer from haemorrhoids. The sachets are in powder form with a tasty orange flavour makes it easy to administer.
How to use this product
This product is for oral use only and you should take it exactly as described in the patient information leaflet or as directed by a doctor or Chemist4U pharmacist. Fill a glass with around 240ml of cold water and pour the required dose of fybogel into the glass. Stir well and drink immediately, preferably after meals.
- Adults and children over 12 years: take one sachet in the morning and one in the evening
- Children aged 6 - 12 years: take half to one level 5ml spoonful depending on size and age, morning and evening.
This product is not recommended for children under the age of 6. Ensure you are drinking plenty of water when you are taking Fybogel.
When NOT to use Fybogel Sachets
Do NOT take this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients (see ingredients tab for full list) or if you:
- Have a sudden change in bowel habit that has persisted for more than two weeks
- Are suffering from a blockage of the bowel
- Have a weakness of the bowel wall
- Naturally slow gut movement
- Have difficulty swallowing or any throat problems
Seek advice from your doctor or a Chemist4U pharmacist if you:
- Have phenylketonuria
- Are suffering from an undiagnosed rectal bleeding and unable to pass stools following the use of laxatives
- Have symptoms that have worsened or haven’t improved after 3 days
Can you take this product with other medicines?
You must not take this product if you are taking other medicines which may cause constipation, such as codeine or morphine. Do NOT take this product within ½ to 1 hour before or after the following medicines:
- Insulin - if you are diabetic and use insulin, you may need to reduce your dose of insulin if you take Fybogel Orange with meals
- Medicines for thyroid problems - your doctor may need to change the dose of the thyroid hormones you are taking
Does Fybogel have any side effects?
Like all medicines, Fybogel can cause side effects although not everyone will experience them. This product can cause allergic reactions with symptoms including:
- Difficulty breathing
- Skin rash
If symptoms appear, immediately contact your doctor.
Due to the increased fibre intake you may experience wind (flatulence) or bloating during the first few days of taking this product, which will lessen as you continue to take it. IF you have any other symptoms after taking this product tell your doctor or a Chemist4U pharmacist.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice:
- Each single dose sachet contains 3.5g Ispaghula Husk. Other ingredients are potassium bicarbonate, sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, riboavin sodium phosphate, beta-carotene, aspartame (E951), orange avour, saccharin sodium, polysorbate 80 and silica colloidal anhydrous.
Don’t you just hate blockages? Whether it is in the nose and you struggle to breathe through it and smell, or whether it is a traffic jam caused by an accident that leaves you stuck on the road, they are a pain.
The same can be said about constipation, a simple blockage in the digestive system that can cause a lot of problems. To find the solution to constipation, first, you need to know the cause.
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist 4 U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here