What are Forceval Capsules?
Forceval capsules are a multivitamin and mineral supplement which contains a combination of essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements. They can be used when you are not receiving sufficient amounts of vitamins and minerals from your diet and lifestyle, due to illness. They may be recommended by a doctor to help support recovery from illness or surgery and can be used to supplement special or restricted diets. If you’re looking for a complete daily multivitamin to help support your diet or recovery, ask a Chemist4U Pharmacist if Forceval Capsules are suitable for your needs.
Why is it important to include vitamins and minerals in our diet?
Our bodies need vitamins and minerals, as they are essential nutrients that help your bodies to function properly. We need a range of vitamins and minerals to help particular parts of our bodies to work at an optimum level. We can usually consume all of the vitamins and minerals our body requires, through our food, except for vitamin D which our bodies produce when our skin is exposed to sunlight. However, sometimes it isn’t possible to receive all the vitamins and minerals our body needs, due to factors such as diet restrictions, illness and mobility issues. Vitamin and mineral supplements can be useful for supplementing a diet where the amount of vitamins and minerals are insufficient.
What is a multivitamin?
Normal vitamin and mineral supplements usually contain just one vitamin or mineral. Multivitamins contain a blend of vitamins and/or minerals, which can help to support different needs. Multivitamins can be developed to support specific needs, such as joints, skincare and supporting our body’s changes as it ages. If specific vitamins and minerals are not being received through the diet, it may be beneficial to take a multivitamin supplement to ensure our body receives everything it needs to work at its best and avoid health problems related to low nutritional intakes.
How can Forceval Capsules help to support your health?
Forceval Capsules contain a blend of 12 different vitamins and 12 minerals and trace elements.
The 12 vitamins included in Forceval are:
- Helps the immune system to fight off infections
- Helping your vision in dim light
- Keeping the skin healthy
- Helps to regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body
- Important for bone, teeth and muscle health
- Helps other B vitamins to break down and release energy from food
- Helps to keep your nervous system healthy
- Helps to keep your skin, eyes and nervous system healthy
- Releases energy from food
- Helps the body to use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food
- Helps to form the substance that carries oxygen around the body in your blood
- Helps to protects and keep cells healthy
- Maintain healthy connective tissue
- Heal wounds
- Repair damaged cells and protect them from free-radicals
- Keep skin and eyes healthy
- Strengthen the immune system
- Only needed in small amounts to help your body to process fat
- Helps to release energy from foods we eat
- Keeps skin and nervous system healthy
- Helps to release energy from food
- Helps to form healthy red blood cells
- Can help to reduce the risk of central nervous system defects in unborn babies
The 12 minerals and trace elements included in Forceval are:
- Helps to build strong bones and teeth
- Helps to regulate heartbeat
- Ensures that the blood clots normally
- Helps the body to make red blood cells
- Works with iron in the body to form red blood cells
- Helps to maintain healthy bones
- Helps to promote nerves and immune function
- Helps to form bones and teeth
- Plays an important role in how the body uses carbohydrates and fats
- Required for energy production
- Regulates biochemical reactions in the body
- Helps to make new cells and enzymes
- Helps to process carbohydrate, fat and protein in food
- Helps wounds to heal
- Helps the body to control the balance of fluids
- Helps to keep your heart healthy and functioning correctly
- Helps your body to make the thyroid hormones that keep your cells and metabolic rate healthy
- Helps to turn food into energy
- Helps to form bones and connective tissue, such as cartilage
- Protects cells from damage
- Helps brain and memory function
- Helps to prevent cell damage
- Important to breakdown fats and carbohydrates
- Can help to prevent toxins from building up in the body
This product combines the 24 vitamins and minerals to form a complete daily multivitamin for those who have dietary issues which restrict them from receiving sufficient nutrients in their diet or those who are recovering from illness.
How to take Forceval
This product is not suitable for children under the age of 12.
For adults and the elderly: one capsule per day or as prescribed by the doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole with water - do NOT bite or chew the capsule.
If you take more Forceval than you should, seek immediate advice from your GP or contact your nearest A&E department. If you forget to take your dose of Forceval, take it as soon as possible, unless it is close to the time you need to take your next dose.
When NOT to take this product
Do NOT take this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients (see ingredients tab for full list) or if you:
- Suffer from hypercalcaemia (high level of calcium in the blood
- If you suffer from iron storage disorders such as bronzed diabetes
- Are under the age of 12
- Are allergic to peanut or soya
Seek advice from your doctor or a Chemist4U pharmacist if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are a smoker
- Have an asbestos related illness, such as asbestosis
- Suffer from thyroid problems
Can you take this product with other medicines?
Speak to your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken/used any of the following medicines as they may interfere with Forceval Capsules:
- Phenytoin (used to treat epilepsy)
- Tetracycline antibiotics (used to treat infections) such as doxycycline and minocycline
Can Forceval cause any side effects?
Like all medicines, Forceval can cause side effects, although not everyone will experience them. This product may cause allergic reactions such as a rash and problems with your stomach and intestines (such as feeling or being sick and stomach pains). If you experience these side effects, discontinue use and seek medical advice.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice:
- Calcium, Iron, Vitamin A
The active ingredients in this medicine are: Vitamin A (as β-Carotene), Vitamin D2, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Biotin, Nicotinamide, Pantothenic acid, Folic acid, Calcium, Iron, Copper, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Iodine, Manganese, Selenium, Chromium, Molybdenum.
The other ingredients are: Soya Bean Oil, Soya Lecithin, Hard Vegetable Fat , Yellow Beeswax, Purified Water, Maize Oil, Gelatin, Glycerine, Ponceau 4R (E124), Amaranth (E123), Titanium Dioxide (E171), Red Iron Oxide Paste (E172), Vegetable Black Paste (E153)
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here