What is Syndol Headache Relief?
Syndol Headache Relief tablets are pain relief medication that can help to ease headaches and pain caused by migraines. Ideal for those who suffer from headaches that cannot be managed by painkillers like aspirin, ibuprofen, or paracetamol alone, Syndol gets to work fast to ease headaches and other pain.
What causes headaches?
Many people suffer from headaches regularly, as they are a very common, everyday ailment. They can be caused by lots of different things, with some of the most common causes of headaches including:
- Cold and flu
- Bad posture
- Eyesight problems
- Not eating regular meals
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Taking too many painkillers
- Your period
How will these tablets relieve my headaches?
Syndol tablets contain 3 active ingredients which work together to relieve headaches and migraines. These three ingredients are:
Paracetamol and codeine are pain relief medications which can work together to ease the pain. Paracetamol can also be used to reduce fever and high temperatures. Caffeine helps to make paracetamol more effective.
How to take Syndol Headache Relief tablets
For adults taking this product, take 2 tablets every 4 – 6 hours as required. Do not take more than 8 tablets in any 24-hour period. For more information about how many tablets to give to children between the ages of 12 – 18, please read the patient information leaflet.
Why do I have to answer questions to buy this product?
You do not need a prescription for Syndol, however, you will be asked to complete a short medical questionnaire by your Chemist-4-U pharmacist before we can take your order. This includes some simple questions that all pharmacies legally are required to ask before supplying this kind of product. This helps our pharmacy team to be sure that this product is the best choice for you.
When should Syndol not be used?
Syndol Headache Relief is not suitable for use by children under the age of 12. Do not use this product if you are allergic to paracetamol, codeine, caffeine or any of the other listed ingredients. These tablets might cause drowsiness, do not attempt to drive or use tools or machinery unless you are certain that you are not affected in this way. Do not take Syndol if you:
- Have acute asthma
- Have a severe respiratory disease
- Suffer from alcoholism
- Have had recent bile duct surgery (e.g. gallstones)
- Suffer from paralytic ileus, where your bowel has ceased to function
- Have recently had a head injury or raised pressure in the skull
- Are breastfeeding
- Have been told by your doctor that you are a CYP2D6 ultra metaboliser (metabolise rapidly codeine into morphine)
- Are under 18 years old and have had your tonsils or adenoids removed
Speak to your doctor or Chemist4U pharmacist before using this product if you:
- Suffer from kidney or liver problems, including alcoholic liver disease
- Have an enlarged prostate gland
- Suffer from low blood pressure
- Suffer from inflammatory or obstructive bowel disorders such as constipation, diarrhoea, or bloating
- Suffer from an underactive thyroid gland
- Are elderly or debilitated
- Are pregnant or planning to have a baby
Syndol should not be taken at the same time as some other medications as they can interact. For a full list of which medications should not be used with this product, please read the patient information leaflet carefully.
Does this product have any side effects?
Like all medicines, Syndol can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. These side effects include:
- Allergic reaction, e.g. rash, itching, swollen red areas of skin, swelling of the face
- Very rare cases of serious skin reactions have been reported
- Signs of blood disorders, e.g. unexplained or unusual bruising or bleeding, fever, infections
- Signs of heart and circulation effects, e.g. unusually low heart rate, low blood pressure, hypothermia
- Nervous system problems which can cause hallucinations
- Restricted breathing
- Abdominal or back pain
- Stomach and intestine effects, e.g. constipation, stomach cramps, feeling sick and vomiting
- Signs of other nervous system problems, e.g. dizziness, lightheadedness, disorientation, drowsiness, headache, tremor, nervousness, confusion, irritability, restlessness, anxiety, mood changes, vertigo
- Heart and circulation effects e.g. increased awareness of your heartbeat, head rush, dizzy spells, increase in your heartbeat, sweating
- Difficulty passing water, needing to pass urine more often, passing less urine than usual
- Decreased libido or potency
- Muscle rigidity
- Dry mouth
- Your eye’s pupil may become smaller
- Blurred or double vision
If you experience these or any other side effects while using this product, stop use and speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist right away. You can also record any side effect using the MHRA Yellow Card Scheme.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here
If you are concerned about an addiction to 'over the counter' medication we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice
- Caffeine, Codeine, Paracetamol
Contains the active ingredients: paracetamol 500mg, caffeine 30mg, and codeine phosphate 8 mg.
Also contains: povidone, maize starch, methylcellulose, talc, purified water, calcium stearate, methylhydroxypropylcellulose and polyethylene glycol.
Why you're getting headaches after exercise
Can summer cause migraines?
5 tips to ease your joint pain during winter
How to choose the right painkillers to relieve your back pain
What is Sciatic Nerve Pain and How Can I Treat It?
Sciatica can be a real pain in the butt – and I mean that literally!
If you’ve got a pain that runs from your lower back, to your bottom, and down to your legs and feet, then you could be suffering with sciatica.
So, let’s take a look at this condition, what makes it such a pain, and what you can do to make yourself more comfortable as you heal.
Can I take two painkillers at once?
Sometimes when you take painkillers you find that although they make your headache, backache, or whatever your aches and pains you’re trying to treat a bit better, they don’t quite do the job.
This is when you might consider picking up another painkiller to try to kick that pain to the curb. But how do you know if this is safe? Can you take more than one painkiller at once?
If you’ve ever looked into your medicine cabinet and asked yourself one of these questions then you’ve come to the right place.
Do you have a headache or a migraine?
Headaches and migraines are a real pain in the neck, or well, a pain in the head, but how do you know if you’re dealing with a migraine or a headache?
Both of them cause a lot of pain in your head, but what is the difference between the two?
If you’re not sure whether the head pain that’s making you feel extra grumpy every Monday morning is a headache or a migraine then you’re in luck, as we’re about to break down what makes the two so different.
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days.
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days.
Express UK Delivery - £4.95** - Delivery within 1-2 working days.
Temperature Controlled Delivery - £8.85 - Delivery within 1-3 working days.
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here