What is Rennie Peppermint Indigestion & Heartburn Relief?
Rennie Peppermint Tablets are a treatment for indigestion and heartburn, neutralising stomach acid to ease your symptoms. They can help to ease pain caused by heartburn, flatulence, trapped wind, bloating and other symptoms of indigestion. Rennie tablets are available in refreshing spearmint and peppermint flavours.
Who is Rennie Peppermint suitable for?
These tablets are suitable for adults and children aged 12 and over who are suffering with indigestion. If you find that you feel uncomfortable and bloated after eating, or struggle with heartburn after a meal, Rennie can help to ease your symptoms so you can get back to normal.
What is heartburn?
Heartburn is an uncomfortable burning sensation that you can feel in your chest when you’re suffering with indigestion. It’s caused by acid reflux, which is when your stomach acid tries to work its way up towards your throat, causing irritation and that burning feeling in your chest. You’ll normally notice it a short while after eating or drinking, but it doesn’t last long and will
How will these tablets help to ease my indigestion?
Rennie Peppermint tablets use two active ingredients to help to ease indigestion and heartburn. These are 680mg of calcium carbonate and 80mg of magnesium carbonate, which work by neutralising your excess stomach acid, turning it into water and other harmless, natural substances. This helps to ease irritation and symptoms of indigestion and heartburn.
Are Rennie Peppermint Tablets suitable for someone who is pregnant or breastfeeding?
Yes, these tablets are suitable for someone who is either pregnant or breastfeeding if you use them as instructed. However, you should speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking any medication while pregnant or breastfeeding to be sure that the product is safe for you and your baby.
Can I take these tablets if I’m taking other medication?
Speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking Rennie tablets if you are taking any other medication. Some medications can interact when they are taken together, causing unpleasant side effects or making your medication less effective. Be especially careful if you are taking:
- Tetracyclines or quinolone antibiotics
- A thyroid hormone called Levothyroxine
- Eltrombopag, which is used to increase the number of your blood platelets
- Digoxin, which is used for some heart conditions
- Water tablets which treat fluid retention or high blood pressure, also known as thiazide diuretics
- Fluorides, which help to prevent dental caries
- Phosphates, which help to clear the bowel before a surgical procedure
- Iron supplements
How many tablets should I be taking a day?
Take 2 tablets 1 hour after meals and before bedtime. Chew or suck your tablets before swallowing. If you have heartburn, you can take 2 extra tablets between these times, as required. Do not take more than 10 tablets a day. If you are still suffering with your symptoms after 14 days of using these tablets, speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist.
When should Rennie tablets not be used?
Rennie tablets are not suitable for use by children under the age of 12. Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the listed ingredients. Avoid taking this product with large amounts of milk or dairy products. You should not use these tablets if you have:
- Severe kidney disease
- High calcium in the urine or kidney stones
- Low phosphate levels or high calcium in the blood
Speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you:
- Have mild or moderate kidney problems, as regular blood testing should be carried out
- Have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars
Are there any side effects?
Like all medications, Rennie can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. These include:
- Allergic reaction, e.g. rashes, itching, difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, mouth, or throat
- Anaphylactic shock, which is a severe, sudden allergic reaction, showing symptoms such as low blood pressure, shock, palpitations, difficulty breathing, bronchospasm, skin reactions, abdominal pain or cramps, vomiting, diarrhoea
- High blood levels of calcium and magnesium after long term use, especially in those with kidney disease. Showing symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, diarrhoea, tiredness, muscular weakness, headache, kidney problems, impaired sense of taste
- Milk alkali syndrome, caused by long term use in exceptional cases. This can cause high blood levels of calcium.
If you experience these or any other side effects while using this product, stop use and speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist right away. For more information about reporting side effects of medication, see the Governments Yellow Card Scheme.
How to store these tablets
Store in a cool, dry place that is below 25 degrees C. Store in original packaging and do not use this product after the expiry date printed on the pack has passed. Keep out of sight and reach of children.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist-4-U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about an addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice:
- Calcium Carbonate, Glucose, Magnesium Carbonate, Sucrose
- • Calcium carbonate • Magnesium carbonate • Sucrose • Glucose • Peppermint flavour (essential oil, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, Arabic gum) • Talc • Povidone • Saccharin sodium • Magnesium stearate
Everything you Need to Know About Heartburn and Acid Reflux
Okay, let’s be honest, we’ve all been guilty of overindulging on delicious food at one point or another in our lives.
But what happens when you start to feel that creeping, burning feeling in your chest that tells you that you’re about to suffer with some major heartburn afterwards? And what is heartburn anyway?
Today we’re going to have a good look at what heartburn is and what you can do to keep it away.
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days.
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days.
Express UK Delivery - £4.95** - Delivery within 1-2 working days.
Temperature Controlled Delivery - £8.85 - Delivery within 1-3 working days.
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here