What are Nurofen tablets?
Nurofen tablets provide rapid pain relief from a variety of everyday aches and pains, as well as helping to ease inflammation.
What can these tablets be used for?
These tablets can use to ease many different aches and pains including:
- Headaches and migraines.
- Dental pain and neuralgia.
- Period pain.
- Rheumatic, muscular and back pain.
- Symptoms of cold and flu.
How does Nurofen work?
Nurofen tablets contain 200mg of the active ingredients, ibuprofen, which belongs to a group of medicines known as Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS). Ibuprofen works by changing the body’s response to pain, swelling and high temperature.
How to take Nurofen.
This product should only be used for short-term relief of pain. You should take the lowest dose for the shortest time necessary. Take 1 or 2 tablets with water, up to three times a day, as required, leaving at least 4 hours between doses. Do NOT take more than 6 tablets within any 24 hour period.
Adults: Do not take for longer than 10 days, unless advised by a doctor.
Children between 12 and 18 years: if symptoms persist for more than 3 days or worsen, consult your GP
Why do I have to answer questions to buy this product?
Although you do not need a prescription for Nurofen, you will be asked to complete a short medical questionnaire by a Chemist 4 U pharmacist before we can take your order. This includes some simple questions that all pharmacies legally are required to ask, before supplying this kind of product. This helps our pharmacy team to be sure that this product is the best choice for you.
When should Nurofen NOT be used?
Do NOT take Nurofen 200mg tablets if you:
- Are allergic to ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients (see ingredients tab for full list).
- Are allergic to aspirin or other painkillers.
- Have ever had a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding.
- Have had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy/runny nose or facial swelling when previously taking ibuprofen, aspirin or similar medicines.
- Have had gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation when previously taking NSAIDs.
- Are taking other NSAIDs.
- Are taking more than 75mg of aspirin a day- seek advice from your GP or a Chemist 4 U pharmacist if you are on low-dose aspirin (up to 75mg daily) before taking this medicine.
- Have severe liver or kidney problems.
- Have heart problems, high blood pressure or blood coagulation disorder.
- Have breathing difficulties.
- Are in the last 3 months of pregnancy.
- Are under 12 years of age.
Check with your doctor or a Chemist 4 U pharmacist BEFORE taking this medicine if you:
- Have or have had asthma.
- Have kidney, heart, liver or bowel problems.
- Have high cholesterol or previously have had a heart attack/stroke.
- Have a history of gastrointestinal disease (such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease).
- Have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (a condition of the immune system causing joint pain, skin changes and other organ disorders).
- Are a smoker.
- Are in the first 6 months of pregnancy.
Always read the patient information leaflet, included with this product BEFORE taking any medicine.
Like all medicines, Nurofen can cause side effects, although not everybody may experience them.
STOP TAKING THIS PRODUCT AND SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION IF YOU EXPERIENCE:
Signs of intestinal bleeding.
- Bright red faeces (poo).
- Black tar-like stools.
- Vomiting blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds.
Signs of a serious allergic reaction.
- Difficulty breathing or unexplained wheezing.
- Dizziness or faster heartbeat.
- Severe forms of skin reactions such as itchiness, skin rash with redness, peeling, flaking or blistering.
- Swelling of your face, tongue or throat.
Signs of kidney problems.
- Passing less or more urine.
- Cloudy urine or blood in urine.
- Pain in back and/or swelling (particularly in the legs).
Signs of aseptic meningitis.
- Neck stiffness.
- Feeling sick.
- Being sick.
Patients with autoimmune disorders (lupus, mixed connective tissue disease) may be more likely to be affected.
Severe skin reactions.
- Skin rash.
- Swelling of lymph nodes.
- Increase of eosinophils.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice:
Each tablet or caplet contains the active ingredient Ibuprofen 200mg.
They also contain: Sucrose, Sodium Citrate, Talc, Croscarmellose Sodium, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Silicon Dioxide, Acacia, Carmellose Sodium, Sodium Laurilsulphate, Macrogol and Black Ink (contains Shellac, Iron Oxide Black (E172) and Propylene Glycol).
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist 4 U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here