What are Flarin 200mg Soft Capsules?
Flarin 200mg soft capsules are a pain relief medication that can also help to ease inflammation and reduce high temperatures. These easy-to-swallow capsules contain 200mg of ibuprofen. If you need pain relief that will get to work quickly, Flarin could be the perfect choice for you.
Is Flarin suitable for joint pain?
Flarin capsules are ideal for those who suffer from sore, swollen joints, as they work as an anti-inflammatory as well as a pain relief medicine. By easing swelling, it can help to ease stiffness in your painful joints and make movement easier in conditions like non-serious arthritic conditions.
What other kinds of pain can I use this product for?
Although Flarin is ideal for easing joint pain, it can also be used to soothe other types of aches and pains all over the body, including:
- Back pain
- Rheumatic pain
- Muscular pain
- Dental pain
- Period pain
- Cold and flu symptoms
How does the Ibuprofen in Flarin capsules help to ease pain?
Each Flarin capsule contains 200mg of the active ingredient ibuprofen, which is a popular painkiller. Ibuprofen is an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug), which means it works by changing how your body reacts to pain and inflammation. This means that Flarin capsules can ease pain and swelling and can also help to bring down a high temperature.
Can I take this medication if I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
If you’re within the first 6 months of pregnancy or are breastfeeding you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product. Flarin capsules are not suitable for use during the last 3 months of pregnancy.
Can I take this product if I’m taking other medication?
If you’re taking any other medication, including those obtained without a prescription, speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Flarin. Do not take this product if you are already taking:
- Any other NSAIDs, e.g. aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen
- Over 75mg of aspirin a day
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product if you’re already taking:
- Any other painkillers
- Corticosteroids, including tablets, creams, injections, or inhalers
- SSRIs or lithium, which are used to treat depression
- Cardiac glycosides, which are used to treat heart failure and cardiac arrhythmia
- Methotrexate, which is used to treat cancer and psoriasis
- Zidovudine, which is used to treat HIV or AIDS
- Cyclosporine, which is used to prevent rejection after organ transplants
- Mifepristone, which is an emergency contraceptive
- Tacrolimus, which is used to prevent rejection after organ transplants and to treat skin diseases
- Quinolone, which is an antibiotic
- Anticoagulants, which are also known as blood thinners, e.g. warfarin, aspirin, ticlopidine
- Medicines used to reduce high blood pressure, e.g. ACE-inhibitors such as captopril, beta-blockers such as atenolol medicines, angiotensin-II receptor antagonists, such as losartan
How to take these capsules
Take one or two capsules up to 3 times a day, as needed. Leave at least 4 hours between each dose and do not take more than 6 capsules in any 24-hour period.
When should this product not be used?
Flarin capsules are not suitable for children under the age of 12. Do not take this product if you are allergic to ibuprofen, other NSAIDs like aspirin, any other painkillers, or any of the other listed ingredients. Do not take these capsules if you:
- Have or have ever had two or more stomach ulcers, perforations, or bleeding
- Have ever had stomach bleeding or perforation caused by NSAIDs
- Are taking any other NSAIDs
- Are taking more than 75mg of aspirin a day
- Suffer from severe heart, liver or kidney disease
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product if you:
- Are elderly, as you may be more likely to experience side effects
- Have or have had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, heart, liver, kidney or bowel problems
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to another painkiller
- Have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Have any allergies
- Have any inflammatory bowel conditions, e.g. Crohn’s Disease, ulcerative colitis
- Are a smoker
- Are aged 12 – 18 and are dehydrated due to vomiting, diarrhoea, or not drinking fluids, as there is a risk of kidney disease
- Have heart problems, e.g. heart failure, angina, heart attack, bypass surgery, peripheral artery disease, any kind of stroke
- Have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, family history of heart disease or stroke
Do Flarin capsules have any side effects?
Like all medications, Flarin capsules can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. If you experience any of the following side effects, stop use and seek immediate medical help:
- Passing blood in your poo
- Passing black, tarry poo
- Vomiting blood or dark particles which look like coffee grounds
- Severe allergic reactions, e.g. swelling of the face, tongue, or throat, difficulty breathing or swallowing, unexplained wheezing, shortness of breath, worsening of asthma, accelerated heart rate, low blood pressure, severe shock
- Severe skin reactions, e.g. rash, itching, hives, redness, blistering and peeling of the skin (stevens Johns syndrome)
Other side effects you may experience include:
- Indigestion, heartburn
- Abdominal pain or other abnormal stomach symptoms
- Hives, itchy skin
- Abdominal pain, nausea, and indigestion
- Skin rashes
- Diarrhoea, wind, constipation, and vomiting
- Problems with blood cell production, showing symptoms such as tiredness, lack of energy, shortness of breath, pale skin, fever, sore throat, mouth ulcers, flu-like symptoms, unexplained bleeding and bruising
- Peptic ulcer, perforation or gastrointestinal haemorrhage, black tarry stools, vomiting blood or dark particles, inflammation of the mouth, inflammation of the stomach lining, worsening of existing bowel disease, e.g. ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- Meningitis symptoms, e.g. fever, chills, severe headache, nausea, vomiting, stiff neck
- Kidney failure, liver problems
- Heart problems, high blood pressure, fluid retention
- Symptoms of DRESS, e.g. skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph nodes, increase in eosinophils (a type of white blood cells)
- A red, scaly widespread rash with bumps under the skin and blisters mainly localised in skin folds, trunk, and upper extremities, accompanied by a fever when you begin treatment
If you experience these or any other side effects while taking this product, stop use and speak to your doctor or pharmacist. For more information about reporting the side effects of medication, please see the MHRA’s Yellow Card Scheme.
Do I need a prescription for Flarin capsules?
You do not need a prescription for Flarin capsules, however, you will be asked to complete a short medical questionnaire by your Chemist4U pharmacist before we can take your order. This includes some simple questions that all pharmacies legally are required to ask before supplying this kind of product. This helps our pharmacy team to be sure that this product is the best choice for you.
How to store this product
Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C. Do not use this product if the expiry date printed on the original packaging has passed. Keep out of sight and reach of children.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice:
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Next Day UK Delivery - £4.95** - Delivery within 1 working day
Temperature Controlled Delivery - £8.85 - Delivery within 1-3 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here