What is Strepsils Extra Strength Blackcurrant?
Strepsils Extra Strength Blackcurrant both soothe discomfort associated with sore throats and has an antiseptic effect to kill bacteria that can cause sore throats.
What causes a sore throat?
Symptoms of a sore throat include:
- A painful throat, especially when swallowing.
- A dry, scratchy throat.
- Redness in the back of the mouth.
- Bad breath.
- A mild cough.
- Swollen neck glands.
Many factors can cause a sore throat, including:
- Cold and flu.
- Strep throat.
- Glandular fever.
- Environmental irritants (e.g. cigarette smoke, pollution, dry air).
How does Strepsils Extra Strength ease a sore throat?
Strepsil Extra Triple Action contains the active ingredient Hexylresorcinol which fights discomfort associated with sore throats in three ways.
- Lubricates the throat to soothe the irritated and scratchy sensation caused by sore throats.
- Has a mild anti-bacterial effect that helps to kill bacteria that can cause sore throats.
- Acts as a local anaesthetic to soothe the pain.
How to use Strepsils Lozenges.
Remove the blister pack from the cardboard box. Pop one lozenge from the blister pack Dissolve one lozenge slowly in the mouth every 3 hours. Do not take more than 12 lozenges in 24 hours. Remember children can choke on small lozenges and do not give to children under the age of 6. If symptoms persist for more than 3 days or if they become worse, seek advice from your doctor.
When to not use Strepsils Triple Action Throat Lozenges.
Do NOT take this product if you:
- Are allergic to Hexylresorcinol or any of the other listed ingredients (see ingredients tab for full list).
- Are under 6 years old.
- Have an intolerance to certain sugars such as fructose, glucose-galactose and sucrose-isomaltose.
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Speak to your doctor or a Chemist 4 U pharmacist if you:
- Are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- Suffer or are suffering from other throat problems.
Always check the label before using any medicine, to ensure it is suitable for you. If you are unsure, speak to your GP or a Chemist 4 U pharmacist.
Like all medicines, Strepsils Extra Triple Action Cherry Lozenges can cause side effects, although, not everybody will experience them. If you experience any symptoms of an allergic reaction (e.g. swelling, breathing difficulties) discontinue use immediately and seek medical advice.
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Do not use this product after the expiry date stated on the carton. Do not store above 25°C.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice:
- Hexylresorcinol, Liquid sucrose, Liquid glucose, Blackcurrant flavour (containing propylene glycol), Levomenthol, Carmoisine Edicol (E122), Patent Blue V (E131)
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here