What is the Otex Express Combi Pack?
The Otex Express Combi Pack is made up of Otex express eardrops and a handy bulb syringe, which work together to clear your blocked ears. Ideal for those suffering with ears that are blocked with hard earwax and looking for a speedy solution. Otex Express eardrops are also available separately.
Why are my ears blocked with earwax?
There are many reasons why hard earwax may be building up in your ears, causing hearing loss and other unpleasant symptoms. Some of the most common reasons why your ears may be blocked with earwax include:
- Your ear canals are narrow.
- Your ear canals have a lot of hair growing in them.
- Your ears naturally produce a lot of wax.
- Your age – earwax can naturally become harder as you grow older.
- You use an in-ear device, such as a hearing aid or earplugs, which pushes drops back into your ear.
How will this product help to clear built up wax from my ears?
The Otex Express eardrops which come as a part of the Otex Express Combi Pack, use the active ingredient urea hydrogen peroxide. This helps to soften the hard earwax that builds up and blocks your ear canal. The bulb syringe that is also included in this kit helps to rinse this build up away, with the entire combi pack working together to find a quick and effective solution to blocked ears.
How to use the Otex Express Combi Pack.
First, use the Otex Express ear drops to soften hard ear wax. Do this by tilting your head to the side, keeping the ear you wish to treat facing up, and squeezing up to 5 drops into your ear. Keep your head tilted for a few minutes to allow drops to soak in. Wipe away any excess drops from the outside of the ear with a tissue or cotton wool. Repeat in other ear if necessary. Use ear drops once or twice a day for 3 – 4 days.
Next, use the bulb syringe to rinse the ears. Do this after 3 – 4 days of treatment with Otex eardrops. Fill the bulb syringe with warm (but not hot) water. Tilt your head sideways over the wash basin with your ear facing towards the basin. Position the nozzle of the bulb into the opening of your ear canal and gently squeeze the bulb, releasing water into the ear. Let water fall out of the ear and into the basin. Repeat 2 – 3 times if needed.
When should the Otex Express Combi Pack not be used?
The Otex Express Combi Pack is not suitable for use by children under the age of 12, unless told otherwise by a doctor. Do not use Otex Express Combi Pack if you are allergic to urea hydrogen peroxide or any of the other listed ingredients. Avoid getting ear drops into your eyes, if contact with eyes does happen accidentally, rinse with clean water immediately. Do not use this product if:
- You have a history of ear problems.
- You are using any other ear drops.
- You are using any other in ear device, such as a hearing aid.
- Your eardrum is or has been damaged.
- You suffer from dizziness.
- There is anything else wrong with your ear, such as an ear infection.
- You have tried to remove ear wax with fingernails or a cotton bud – this could damage the lining of your ear canal.
- You have had your ear syringed within the past 2 – 3 days.
Does this product have side effects?
Like all medicines, the Otex Express Combi Pack can have side effects, although not everyone will get them. These side effects include:
- A temporary, mild bubbling sensation in the ear as ear wax breaks down and releases oxygen.
- Discomfort, irritation, or pain.
- Temporary loss of hearing.
- High pitched ringing in the ear (tinnitus).
- An unpleasant taste in the mouth.
If you experience these or any other side effects while using Otex Express Combi Pack, speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist right away.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist-4-U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about addiction of 'over the counter' medication we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice: