What is Nurofen Express 400mg?
Nurofen Express 400mg helps to ease your aches and pains while also helping to ease inflammation and swelling. Perfect for those who deal with different kinds of everyday pain, including headaches, toothache, or a backache.
What kinds of pain can these liquid capsules help to relieve?
Nurofen Express 400mg can be used to ease lots of different kinds of aches and pains throughout the body. Some of the most popular reasons to use these liquid capsules include:
- Migraine pain
- Dental pain
- Period pain
- Rheumatic pain
- Muscular pain
- Back pain
- Symptoms of cold and flu
- Non-serious arthritic pain
How will this product work to ease my pain?
Nurofen Express liquid capsules contain 400mg of the active ingredient ibuprofen, a popular painkiller than many people use to ease everyday aches and pains. Ibuprofen is part of a group of medications called NSAIDs, or Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, which means that these liquid capsules don’t just ease the pain but they can help to reduce swelling and inflammation too.
How to take Nurofen Express 400mg
Take 1 Nurofen Express 400mg capsule with water up to 3 times a day. Leave at least 4 hours between each dose and do not take more than 3 capsules in any 24-hour period.
Why do I have to answer questions to buy this product?
You do not need a prescription for Nurofen Express 400mg, however, you will be asked to complete a short medical questionnaire by your Chemist-4-U pharmacist before we can take your order. This includes some simple questions that all pharmacies legally are required to ask before supplying this kind of product. This helps our pharmacy team to be sure that this product is the best choice for you.
When should Nurofen Express 400mg not be used?
Nurofen Express 400mg should not be taken by children under the age of 12. Do not use Nurofen Express 400mg if you are allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin or any other painkillers, or any of the other listed ingredients. Do not take this product if you:
- Have, or have had 2 or more episodes of, a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
- Have had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy runny nose, or facial swelling when previously taking ibuprofen, aspirin or any similar medicines
- Have had gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation when previously taking NSAIDs
- Are taking any other NSAID painkillers or more than 75mg of aspirin a day
- Have severe liver or kidney problems
- Have heart problems, high blood pressure, or blood coagulation disorder
- Have breathing difficulties
- Are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
- Are breastfeeding
Speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before using this product if you:
- Have or have has asthma
- Have kidney, heart, liver or bowel problems
- Have high cholesterol or previously have had a heart attack or stroke
- Have a history of gastrointestinal disease, e.g. ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease
- Have Systemic Lupus Erythematosis (SLE)
- Are a smoker
- Are in the first 6 months of pregnancy
Nurofen Express 400mg should not be taken at the same time as some other medications as they can interact. For a list of which medications should not be used at the same time as this product, please read the patient information leaflet carefully.
Does this product have any side effects?
Like all medicines, Nurofen Express 400mg can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. These side effects include:
- Signs of intestinal bleeding, e.g. bright red stools, black tarry stools, vomiting blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds.
- Signs of serious allergic reaction, e.g. difficulty breathing, unexplained wheezing, dizziness, faster heartbeat, severe skin reactions such as skin peeling, flaking, itching, or blistering, swelling of your face, tongue or throat.
- A severe skin reaction, known as DRESS syndrome that shows symptoms of skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph nodes, increase in a type of white blood cells called eosinophils.
- Fever, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, mouth ulcers, headache, a stiff neck, vomiting, unexplained bleeding and bruising, severe exhaustion
- Indigestion, stomach or abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhoea, flatulence, feeling sick, chest pain, fast, irregular heartbeat
- Liver and kidney problems associated with swelling in your arms and legs
If you experience these or any other side effects while using Nurofen Express 400mg, stop use and speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist right away.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about an addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice:
Each capsule contains the active ingredient Ibuprofen 400mg.
They also contain: Macrogol 600, Potassium hydroxide 50% solution (E525), Gelatin, Sorbitol Liquid, Partially Dehydrated (E420), Purified Water, Ponceau 4R (E124), Lecithin (E322), Triglycerides (medium chain), Ethanol, White ink (Titanium Dioxide (E171), Polyvinyl Acetate Phthalate, Macrogol 400, Ammonium hydroxide (E527), Propylene Glycol).
Best Treatments for Headaches and Migraines
Can I Take Two Painkillers at Once?
Sometimes when you take painkillers you find that although they make your headache, backache, or whatever your aches and pains you’re trying to treat a bit better, they don’t quite do the job.
This is when you might consider picking up another painkiller to try to kick that pain to the curb. But how do you know if this is safe? Can you take more than one painkiller at once?
If you’ve ever looked into your medicine cabinet and asked yourself one of these questions then you’ve come to the right place.
Do You Have a Headache or a Migraine?
Headaches and migraines are a real pain in the neck, or well, a pain in the head, but how do you know if you’re dealing with a migraine or a headache?
Both of them cause a lot of pain in your head, but what is the difference between the two?
If you’re not sure whether the head pain that’s making you feel extra grumpy every Monday morning is a headache or a migraine then you’re in luck, as we’re about to break down what makes the two so different.
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Next Day UK Delivery - £4.95** - Delivery within 1 working day
Temperature Controlled Delivery - £8.85 - Delivery within 1-3 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here