What is E45 Junior Foaming Bath Milk?
E45 Junior Foaming Bath Milk is a gentle bath product that gives your little one all of the fun of foam without irritating their delicate skin. It’s perfect for little ones who have dry or sensitive skin, and is free from harsh soaps that can cause irritation or dry out the skin further. Not only that, but this bath milk is free from colours and perfumes, hypoallergenic, tested by dermatologists, and non-greasy. You couldn’t ask for more when it comes to keeping their delicate skin clean and cared for.
What causes dry skin in children?
Many factors can cause dry skin in children including:
- Allergens- common triggers for dry skin conditions include dust mites, pet hair, pollen, diet and environmental pollutants that can trigger allergic reactions or flare-ups for children who have eczema
- Changes in season/temperature- Low humidity reduces moisture in the air which can dry out the skin barrier
- Swimming- chlorine that is found in swimming pools can strip the skin of its natural oils causing dry skin
- Bubble baths- bath products that are not formulated specifically for children’s skin, can be too harsh and cause dry skin and irritation
- Dry skin conditions- eczema, psoriasis and other dry skin conditions can cause red, itchy dry patches on the skin.
- Viruses- common viruses such as colds can cause a flare-up in dry skin conditions
- Dry air- central heating or air conditions dries out the skin
How to manage dry skin
Keeping your child’s skin clean and moisturised is very important as it helps to prevent irritated, dry skin, as well as help to manage existing dry skin conditions. Gently cleansing and moisturising the skin regularly can help to keep your child’s skin hydrated and healthy. Here are some handy tips to take care of your child’s delicate skin:
- Use lukewarm water as hot water can dry out your child’s skin and isn’t very comfortable for young children
- Use mild cleansers that don’t contain any harsh soaps, perfumes or colours- like E45 Junior Foaming Bath Milk
- Use the cleanser sparingly to avoid drying out the skin- try to keep it on the areas that need cleaning and ensure it is rinsed off thoroughly
- Gently pat the skin dry with a towel. Do NOT rub the skin
- Moisturising immediately after bathing seals in moisture.
- Use products that are suitable for children such as E45 Junior Cream
- Avoid products that have perfumes and colourants
- Apply a moisturiser before getting into the pool to prevent irritation, then shower before reapplying
Other skincare tips
- Dress your child in loose clothing that is made from a breathable material, e.g. cotton
- Dress your child in one-piece pyjamas to prevent them from scratching their skin in the night
- Keep your child’s fingernails short to prevent the skin from breaking if they scratch
- Use mild laundry detergent without scents or added chemicals
- Seek advice from GP if your child’s skin condition worsens or becomes severe
How will E45 Bath Milk help to cleanse my child’s delicate skin?
E45 Junior Bath Milk works as a gentle cleanser, cleaning your little one’s delicate skin without causing irritation. It’s perfect for children who want the fun of a bath foam, but can’t use harsh bubble baths or soaps because it irritates or dries out their skin. This bath milk is soap and perfume free, making it gentle on even the most sensitive of skin while being just as effective when it comes to keeping them clean.
Is this product suitable for infants?
E45 Junior Bath Milk is suitable for children aged over 12 months. Its mild formula is perfect for caring for their delicate skin, especially if they’re prone to dry skin or find that other bubble baths irritate their skin.
How to use E45 Junior Bath Milk
Before using this product, shake the bottle well to combine the two layers of bath milk. Begin to run the bath water and pour some of the bath milk under the running water. Swish the bath water around with your hand to form a foam. Use to bathe your little one as often as needed. Do not leave your child alone in the bath, and be careful not to let them or yourself slip in the bath.
When should this product NOt be used?
E45 Junior Bath Milk is not suitable for babies younger than 12 months old. Do not use this product if you or your child are allergic to any of the listed ingredients. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes, if you accidentally get this product into your eyes rinse thoroughly with cool, clear water immediately. If you or your child experiences any irritation while using this product, stop use and speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist if necessary.
How to store this product
Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if the expiry date printed on the product packaging has passed. Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before using this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Coco Glucoside, Coamide DEA, Cocos Nucifera, Glycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid
Everything You Need to Know About Eczema
If you have dry skin that always seems to happen in the same area and drives you up the wall with that itchy, scratchy feeling, then you could have eczema.
But what is eczema, and what makes this condition different from just regular patches of dry skin?
Today, we’re going to find out more about eczema, what it is, and what it means for your skin.
Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, and Rosacea: What You Need to Know
What Medicine Can I Give To My Baby?
If your little one is sick it can be a worrying time. It’s difficult to see your baby feeling so uncomfortable and unwell, and you’ll be searching for something that can help to nurse them back to health.
Well, to make your life easier we’re going to take a look at some of the most common illnesses your baby could be suffering from and what you can give them to help make it all better.
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here