Ultra Chloraseptic Anaesthetic throat spray contains the active ingredient benzocaine, which is a type of medicine called a local anaesthetic.
Local anaesthetics numb the area they're applied to. They work by temporarily stopping pain signals from building up and travelling along the nerves to the brain. This relieves pain in the area to which they are applied.
The following instructions will help you to get the best results from your spray:
1) Remove the cap from the bottle, and rotate the spray head around by half a circle so that the nozzle head extends beyond the bottle.
2) If this is a new bottle, or you have not used it since your last sore throat, activate the pump by spraying 3 times away from your face into a sink. This will also help you get a feel for the pump action.
3) Hold the bottle in your hand with your index finger on the pump, ready to spray
4) When you are ready, open the mouth a little and point the spray nozzle towards the back of your throat. The nozzle should be just inside your throat. This will help the spray get to its target at the back of the throat.
5) Hold your breath and then press the pump to spray. Do not exceed the dosage on the labelling.
Ultra Chloraseptic Anaesthetic Throat Spray is for use by adults and teenagers, and in children aged from 6 years when supervised by an adult. The product is designed so that the medication can be sprayed directly to the back of the throat.
Do not use this spray if you have difficulty in breathing, noisy breathing or severe difficulty in swallowing. Talk to your pharmacist or doctor if this applies to you. You know you are allergic to benzocaine or any of the other ingredients. Do not use this product if you have been told that you have a rare blood condition called methemoglobinemia.
You do not require a prescription to purchase this product.
DO NOT use Ultra Chloraseptic Anaesthetic if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Reporting of side effects: If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the national reporting system listed below. By reporting side affects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Always read the information leaflet before use.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist 4 U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
* Name and email address are only captured so you can be emailed a response when your question is answered by a pharmacist. No personally identifiable information is stored or displayed at any time.