Buy Senokot Max Strength Tablets Adult
Senokot Max Strength contains Senna/Sennosides which work as a stimulant laxative for the short term relief of occasional constipation. Constipation is common, typically involving a difficult or irregular bowel movements accompanied by hard, dry motions which can be painful to pass. Senokot Max Strength contains a 15mg dose, double the strength of the original Senokot 7.5mg tablets.
How Senokot Max Strength works
The active ingredient in Senokot Max Strength is Senna, which is a stimulant laxative that works to relieve constipation by increasing the muscle activity in the digestive system. It tends to take 8 to 12 hours for Senokot Max Strength to trigger a bowel movement.
If you haven’t taken Senokot before, you should start with the lowest dose and increase it to the maximum dose if necessary. Once bowel movements have returned, dosage should be reduced and stopped. It is typically sufficient to take this medicine up to two to three times a week. Do not use for more than one week.
Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if your symptoms worsen while taking this medicine, if there is no bowel movement within 3 days of use, if abdominal pain persists or if you need to use laxatives every day.
Like all medicines, Senokot Max Strength can cause side effects, but these won’t affect everyone. If the following side effects occur, stop taking this medicine and consult a doctor or pharmacist:
- Abdominal pain, spasms and diarrhoea, in particular these effects may be experienced by patients with irritable colon
- Allergic reaction, hives, skin itchiness, rash or asthma
- Increased susceptibility to infections
- In chronic use, albuminuria and haematuria, which is albumin or red blood cells in the urine
- Yellow or red-brown discolouration of urine
- In chronic use, pigmentation of the gastrointestinal tract
- Low potassium levels in the blood leading to muscle weakness and/or cramps
- Severe weight loss
- Changes in the shape of the finger and fingernail, muscular spasms and inflammation of bones and joints
If you experience any side effects, including any not included in the patient information leaflet, you can report them using the MHRA Yellow Card Scheme.
Do not take Senokot Max Strength if:
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients
- You have blockage or narrowing of the gastrointestinal tract or bowel
- You have paralysis or a lack of muscle tone in the bowel
- You have appendicitis
- You have an inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- You have severe dehydration
- You have persistent or undiagnosed abdominal complaints e.g. pain, nausea or vomiting
- You have faecal impaction or rectal bleeding for which you don’t know the cause, or blood in your stools
- You have already taken a laxative and are still constipated
- You have had a sudden change in bowel habits that has lasted for more than 2 weeks
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have kidney or heart failure
- You are under 18 years of age (unless advised by a medical professional)
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Senokot Max Strength if:
- You suffer from kidney disorders
- You are taking medicines for a heart condition, medicines including QT elongation, diuretics, adrenocortico steroids or liquorice root preparations
- You have been told you have an intolerance to some sugars (this medicine also contains lactose monohydrate - 31.64mg per tablet)
If you feel worse after taking this medicine, or you do not feel better after one week, consult your doctor or a medical professional.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist4U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice:
NHS Help & Advice on Drug Addiction
Talk To Frank - Drug Addiction Help & Support
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
|Method||Handling Time||Transit Time||Timescale||Approx Cost|
|Standard Shipping (3-5 Working Days)||n/a||n/a||n/a||£0.00|
|Royal Mail Tracked 24||n/a||n/a||n/a||£4.95|
|Next Day Guaranteed (1 Working Day)||n/a||n/a||n/a||£6.95|
|Sons Tracked 24||n/a||n/a||n/a||£3.90|
|Sons Tracked 48||n/a||n/a||n/a||£2.90|
Times are given in working days and are approximate. Costs may change based on order total, day of the week or location within the UK. Ability to hit timescales will depend on whether the products are ordered before a cut off time, as well as additional administration time incurred in reviewing your order.
Please review the estimates at the checkout.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days.
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days.
Express UK Delivery - £4.95** - Delivery within 1-2 working days.
Temperature Controlled Delivery - £8.85 - Delivery within 1-3 working days.
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here