What are Numark Migraine Tablets?
Numark Migraine Tablets can relieve migraines and their symptoms with just one or two tablets. Ideal for those who suffer from migraines and don’t want to have to take lots of tablets to keep them under control.
What are migraines?
Migraines are painful headaches that feel like intense throbbing in one side of your head. They are often accompanied by other symptoms and can have a migraine aura, which are symptoms that warn you that you are about to get a migraine. Some of the symptoms you may experience with a migraine or migraine aura include:
- Feeling very hot or very cold
- Increased sensitivity to light or sound
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty concentrating
- Visual problems, e.g. seeing flashing lights, blind spots
- Numbness or tingling in the hand and arm, leading up to the face
- Feeling dizzy
- Difficulty speaking
How will these tablets relieve my migraines?
Numark Migraine Tablets contain the active ingredient sumatriptan, which is a part of a group of medicines called triptans. This means that it helps to relieve migraines by working on the body’s imbalance of natural chemicals that cause the blood vessels in your head to swell temporarily. This helps to ease the pain of migraines and also reduce other symptoms, such as nausea and sensitivity to light and sound.
How to take Numark Migraine Tablets
Take one Numark Migraine Tablet as soon as you experience the very first symptoms of a migraine headache. If your symptoms start to come back, you can take a second tablet after 2 hours. Do not take more than 2 tablets in any 24 hours and leave a 2-hour gap between taking each tablet. Do not take more than 2 tablets for the same attack. If the first tablet does not ease your symptoms at all, do not take a second tablet.
Why do I need to answer questions to buy this product?
You do not need a prescription for Numark Migraine Tablets, however, you will be asked to complete a short medical questionnaire by your Chemist-4-U pharmacist before we can take your order. This includes some simple questions that all pharmacies legally are required to ask before supplying this kind of product. This helps our pharmacy team to be sure that this product is the best choice for you.
When should Numark Migraine Tablets not be used?
Numark Migraine Tablets should not be taken by children under the age of 18 or adults over the age of 65. Do not use this product if you are allergic to triptans, sulphonamide antibiotics, or any of the other listed ingredients. This medicine and symptoms of migraines may make you feel drowsy, do not attempt to drive or operate machinery or tools until you know that you are not affected in this way. Do not use this product if:
- Your migraines have not been diagnosed by a doctor
- You have heart problems, e.g. heart failure, a previous heart attack, angina, irregular heartbeat
- You have had a stroke or mini-stroke
- You have high blood pressure or are being treated for it
- You have kidney or liver disease
- You have epilepsy or are prone to fits
- You have circulation problems in your legs or have cramp-like pains in your legs when you walk, or if your doctor has told you that you suffer from peripheral vascular disease
- You have been told by your doctor that you have one of the rare types of migraine, e.g. hemiplegic, basilar, ophthalmoplegic migraines
- You are pregnant, think you are pregnant or are breastfeeding
For more information about when you should and should not take this product, please read the patient information leaflet carefully.
Does this product have side effects?
Like all medicines, Numark Migraine Tablets can have side effects, although not everyone will get them. These side effects include:
- Allergic reactions, e.g. rash, wheezing, breathlessness, swollen eyelids, face, or lips, collapse
- Seizures or fits
- Pain in the lower left side of your stomach, bloody diarrhoea
- Heart problems e.g. heart attack, heart or chest pains
- Bad circulation, showing symptoms of pale, blue-tinged skin, pain in your fingers, toes, nose, or jaw in response to cold or stress
- Heaviness, pressure, tightness or pain in chest, throat, or other parts of the body, breathlessness or feelings of tingling, cold, or warmth. These usually develop within 30 minutes of treatment and are not usually troublesome.
- Visual disturbances – although these might be a part of the migraine itself
- The heartbeat may go faster, slower, or change the rhythm
- Neck stiffness
- Liver function changes
- Heart function changes
- Tingling, dizziness, drowsiness, flushing, decreased sensitivity (especially to touch)
- Feeling sick, sickness
- Feeling faint as your blood pressure may go up and down
- Feeling weak or heavy
- Muscle pain
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in your joints
- Excessive sweating
- Abnormal muscle rigidity
If you experience these or any other side effects while using Numark Migraine Tablets, stop use and speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist right away.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Can I take two painkillers at once?
Sometimes when you take painkillers you find that although they make your headache, backache, or whatever your aches and pains you’re trying to treat a bit better, they don’t quite do the job.
This is when you might consider picking up another painkiller to try to kick that pain to the curb. But how do you know if this is safe? Can you take more than one painkiller at once?
If you’ve ever looked into your medicine cabinet and asked yourself one of these questions then you’ve come to the right place.
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days.
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days.
Express UK Delivery - £4.95** - Delivery within 1-2 working days.
Temperature Controlled Delivery - £8.85 - Delivery within 1-3 working days.
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here