What is KardiaMobile?
KardiaMobile is a portable, medical-quality electrocardiogram (ECG) recorder which can provide ECG recordings anywhere with ease. KardiaMobile can be attached to a compatible smartphone or tablet and has electrodes that transmit the ECG rhythms to the smartphone or tablet. You can use this product with the Kardia phone app to collect, view, save and wirelessly transmit recordings, as well as:
- Record voice memos that are transcribed automatically within the app into written notes
- Edit user information associated with the ECG recording
- Print or save the recording in PDF format
What is an ECG?
An ECG (electrocardiogram) is an easy test that can be conducted to determine your heart’s rhythm and electrical activity. Sensors are used to detect the electrical signals that your heart products every time it beats. The signals are recorded on a machine and are then checked to identify anything unusual. An ECG can help to monitor your heart, which is useful for those suffering with cardiac illnesses or issues with their heart.
What is a normal heart rate?
Your heart rate is the number of times your heart beats per minute (bpm). Adults, commonly, have a resting heart rate between 60 and 100 bpm, depending on different lifestyle factors, such as exercise, stress, hormones and some medication. Those who are fitter and more active, such as athletes, will tend have a lower resting heart rate. It can be useful to measure your heart rate, to monitor your heart’s health and identify any issues early, to treat them more effectively.
How does KardiaMobile measure your heart rate?
KardiaMobile is a quick, accurate and efficient way to monitor your heart rate, track your weight and manage your blood pressure, in one easy process. The ECG recorder can capture a medical-grade ECG recording in just 30 seconds, without the need for pads or removing clothing and can be connected with the Kardia phone app to transfer and store your ECG recordings. KardiaMobile recorder can also detect the presence of Atrial Fibrillation, Bradycardia or Tachycardia and works with most smartphones and tablets on Andriod & iOS.
What is Atrial Fibrillation?
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that causes the heart to beat irregularly or abnormally fast. Atrial Fibrillation can cause problems including dizziness, shortness of breath and tiredness, as well as heart palpitations which is where your heart feels like it’s pounding, fluttering or beating irregularly for a few seconds or for a few minutes. When the heart is beating normally, it’s walls tighten and squeeze to force blood out of the heart and around the body. The walls then relax to allow the heart to fill with blood again. This process is repeated during every heartbeat. When you are experiencing atrial fibrillation, the heart’s upper chambers randomly and quickly contract which prevents the heart’s efficiency and performance.
What is Bradycardia?
Bradycardia is when you have a heart rate that is too slow, according to your age, health and physical condition. In general a heart rate that is lower than 60 bpm can be categorised ad bradycardia, unless your heart rate is taken during sleep or you have a very athletic lifestyle and therefore more likely to have a naturally lower heartrate. Bradycardia can cause insufficient blood flow to the brain which can cause symptoms such as, fatigue, dizziness, confusion, difficulty breathing and fainting. If left untreated, severe or prolonged bradycardia can cause a variety of serious issues including:
- Heart failure
- Chest pain
- Low blood pressure
- High blood pressure
What is Tachycardia?
Tachycardia is a heart rate that is considered too fast according to your age, health and physical condition. A heart rate of over 100bpm would be categorised as too fast. One of the most common forms of Tachycardia is Atrial or SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) which tend to affect:
- Women (more typically compared to men)
- Young people with anxiety
- People with fatigue
- People who consume a large amount of caffeine
- People who drink alcohol to excess
- Heavy smokers
People who suffer from tachycardia tend to experience fainting, dizziness, palpitations, racing heart rate, fluttering in the chest, chest tightness or pain, difficulties breathing and fatigue.
How to use KardiaMobile
This product is intended for use by healthcare professionals, patients with known or suspected heart conditions and health conscious individuals. Recording and ECG can be achieved in just a few simple steps.
- Download and install the Kardia App from either the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android)
- Launch the Kardia App and tap ‘create account’
- Enter your personal details to create your account
- Ensure that your device is unplugged from power and accessories, such as headphones, as well as moving away from anything that could cause interference, such as a computer and make sure that if you wear hearing aids, that they are switched off
- From the home screen on the app tap ‘Record your first EKG’
- You may be prompted to allow the Kardia app to access your microphone, this is how the KardiaMobile device communicates with your phone
- Select KardiaMobile from the device menu and place your phone and the KardiaMobile device near each other on a table
- Lightly put your fingers on the pads and hold your hand steady for 30 seconds – the handy app provides a countdown so you know how long to leave your fingers on the pads
When NOT to use KardiaMobile
This product is NOT intended for use with children. If you have a heart condition or serious underlying health condition, seek advice from a doctor or a Chemist4U pharmacist BEFORE using this product. Always read the instructions carefully before use.
- Do NOT store in extremely hot, cold, humid, wet or bright conditions
- Do NOT expose this product to strong electromagnetic fields
- Do NOT take recordings in close vicinity to other equipment that emits ultrasonic acoustics
- Do NOT take a recording whilst driving or during physical activity
- Do NOT use Kardia Mobile while charging your phone
- Always clean the electrodes before use if they are dirty.
- Keep components out of reach of children
- Only use this device to record heart rate and heart rhythm only
- Do NOT use the sensor on a portion of the body with too much body fat, body hair or very dry skin, as this may not result in a successful recording
- Do NOT continue use until further instructed by a physician if your skin is irritated or inflamed around the sensor
- Do NOT use with a cardiac pacemaker, ICDs or other implanted electrionic devices
- Do NOT drop or bump with excessive force
- Do NOT use to diagnose heart related conditions
- Do NOT use during an MRI Scan, cautery or external defibrillation procedures
- After ECG analysis, the app may incorrectly identify ventricular flutter, ventricular bigeminy and ventricular trigemini heart conditions as unreadable – consult your doctor if this is the case
Make sure to speak to your doctor or a Chemist4U pharmacist before using this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or a Chemist4U pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP, if appropriate, regarding this product.
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
|Method||Handling Time||Transit Time||Timescale||Approx Cost|
|Standard Shipping (3-5 Working Days)||n/a||n/a||n/a||£0.00|
|Royal Mail Tracked 24||n/a||n/a||n/a||£4.95|
|Sons Tracked 24||n/a||n/a||n/a||£3.90|
|Sons Tracked 48||n/a||n/a||n/a||£2.90|
Times are given in working days and are approximate. Costs may change based on order total, day of the week or location within the UK. Ability to hit timescales will depend on whether the products are ordered before a cut off time, as well as additional administration time incurred in reviewing your order.
Please review the estimates at the checkout.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days.
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days.
Express UK Delivery - £4.95** - Delivery within 1-2 working days.
Temperature Controlled Delivery - £8.85 - Delivery within 1-3 working days.
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here