What are Clinell Contiplan Incontinence Cloths?
Clinell Contiplan Incontinence Cloths provide a one step solution for continence care. The all-in-one wipes replace the need for preparing soapy water, dry wipes, cleansers and barrier creams. Clinell’s caring wipes are dermatologically tested and contain natural plant extracts, such as witch hazel and camomile which help to calm the skin, soothe itching and promote healing. Contiplan provides barrier protection from irritation caused when skin comes into contact with urine or stools. If you’re looking for an all-in-one, time-saving continence care product, try Clinell Contiplan Incontinence Cloths.
What is incontinence?
There are two main types of incontinence:
- Urinary incontinence - the involuntary passing of urine (wee)
- Bowel incontinence - the involuntary passing of faeces (poo)
Urinary incontinence can happen for a variety of reasons including:
- As a result of weakening or damaging of the muscles used to prevent urination
- Overactivity of the muscle that controls the bladder
- Pregnancy and vaginal birth
- Family history of incontinence
- Increasing age
Bowel incontinence symptoms can vary from person to person. Some people will feel no sensation before soiling themselves, which is known as passive incontinence. Others may feel a sudden urge and are unable to reach the toilet in time, which is known as urge bowel incontinence. Bowel incontinence is usually a symptom of an underlying condition and can be caused by many factors including:
- Problems with the muscles at the bottom of the rectum which control the bowel
- Nerve damage
- Health conditions, such as dementia
How can incontinence cause irritation?
When skin is exposed to urine or faeces it can cause an inflammation of the skin called, ‘incontinence associated dermatitis’. Urine contains a chemical called urea which is broken down into ammonia if it comes into contact with the skin. Ammonia raises the pH level of the skin which reduces its natural protective barrier and weakens the skin. Stool contains digestive enzymes that can cause damage when it comes into contact with the skin. Faecal bacteria can cause a secondary infection if it penetrates skin that has been weakened.
How can Contiplan Wipes help to prevent irritation caused by incontinence?
Contiplan wipes are ultra soft and generously soaked with Clinell’s unique cream formula to cleanse, moisturise and protect in one easy step. The cloths are more hygienic than traditional continence care methods as they remove the need for basins of water. This means there is less chance of spillages and cross contamination due to dipping washcloths into the basin after wiping. Each wipe can provide 7 advantages:
- Barrier protection - protects against exposure to faeces and urine to aid healing
- Cleansing - mild, soap-free formula cleans away faeces allowing the user to feel fresh and comfortable
- Moisturising - the formula is cream-based and has added moisturisers to prevent dry skin
- Soothing - extracts of camomile help to soothe irritated skin and reduce itching
- Long-lasting - the wipes provide long lasting protection for the skin
- Hypoallergenic - Contiplan is dermatologically tested with a skin neutral pH
- Natural plant extracts - the wipes include witch hazel to help promote healthy skin
How to use this product
Using Contiplan wipes are simple, as long as you follow these effective steps:
- Wipe from front to back towards the buttocks, in one direction
- Discard the wipe if it becomes dry or soiled and change it for a new one
- Allow the skin to air dry after use
- Reapply after every episode of incontinence
Contiplan wipes are suitable for disposal in sanitary waste bins and general household bins. Do NOT flush or recycle the wipes.
When NOT to use Clinell Contiplan Wipes
Do NOT use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients (see ingredients tab for full list). This product is for external use only.
This product is a medicine; make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Helpful Advice on Medication Restrictions & Addiction
For further information on our medication restrictions policy, please click here.
If you are concerned about addiction to 'over the counter' medication, we urge you to visit the below links for professional help and advice:
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95* - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
*Excluding refrigerated products and treatments which are subject to different postage charges.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist4U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here