What is Med-Ix Instant Hand Sanitizer?
Med-Ix Instant Hand Sanitizer decontaminates hands, preventing the spread of infection and disease when washing with soap and water isn’t possible. The objectives of using hand sanitizer are to:
- Remove or destroy potentially harmful micro-organisms
- Prevent hands from becoming a vector of cross-infection
- Ensure hands are clean to prevent the spread of disease
Why is it important to cleanse our hands regularly?
Properly cleansing or washing your hands is one of the simplest ways to protect yourself and the people around you from illnesses such as flu and sickness bugs. One of the most common ways harmful germs are spread is by people’s hands. Even if your hands look clean, they can still carry bacteria and other potentially harmful microorganisms. Washing your hands properly with soap and water or cleansing with hand sanitizer when soap and water aren’t available is the most important thing you can do to prevent the spread of illness and infection.
Regular and thorough hand washing should be a part of your daily routine especially:
- Before eating or handling food
- After using the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- After touching animals or animal waste
- After handling rubbish
- After changing a nappy
- Before and after touching a sick or injured person
- Before and after visiting a hospital ward
How to use Hand Sanitizer
Ensure your hands are exposed to your wrists by rolling your sleeves up and that you have removed any jewellery to ensure the entire surface of your hand is cleansed. Apply a small amount (around 3ml) of hand sanitizer into your cupped hand then proceed to cleanse your hands using the following technique:
- Rub your hands palm to palm
- Rub the back of each hand with the palm of the other hand with fingers interlaced
- Rub palm to palm with fingers interlaced
- Rub with backs of opposing palms with fingers interlaced
- Rub each thumb clasped in the opposite hand using rotational movement
- Rub tips of fingers in the opposite palm in a circular motion
- Rub each wrist with the opposite hand
- Once dry your hands are safe to use
- Do NOT use on hands that are visibly contaminated with dirt, blood, bodily fluids or other detritus- in this case, wash your hands with soap and water
- Do NOT use immediately after washing with soap and water
- Do NOT get hand gel in your eyes- if contact occurs rinse immediately with plenty of water
- This product is for external use only.
This product is not returnable.
Make sure to speak to your doctor or Chemist 4 U pharmacist before using this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.
Please contact your GP if appropriate regarding this product.
Ask a Pharmacist
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a private question to be answered by one of our qualified UK pharmacists.
Free UK Delivery on all orders over £30 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Standard UK Delivery - £2.95 - Delivery within 3-5 working days
Please Note: These prices are shown as a guide only. All delivery times are approximate but have been obtained in good faith.
All our items are sent completely discreet for your peace of mind.
This means the packaging is plain, there is no mention of what product is inside your package and there is no mention of Chemist 4 U either.
We respect that many of our products are of a sensitive nature - this is why we take every step to keep your purchases private.
Customers can read our full returns policy by clicking here